Company is seeking a Quality Control Engineer for our office in Los Angeles, CA
Company is a leading civil, building, and specialty Construction Company that believes integrity, teamwork, and a collaborative approach are fundamental to our business success.
We transform industries and communities through stunning and complex infrastructure projects — to ensure public safety, maintain a quality of life and support a healthy economy. For more than a century, Company’s family of construction companies has supported the development and maintenance of many diverse projects across our great nation.
From coast to coast, notable projects include The Purple Line (D Line) Extensions in Los Angeles, SR 99 Viaduct replacement tunnel in Seattle, East Side Access projects and the Hudson Yards Platform in New York, Central Subway Third Street Light Rail in San Francisco, and multiple airport expansions and bridge projects. At Company you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of large, high-profile, projects that impact your community.
Extraordinary Projects need Exceptional Talent
As a at Company, reporting to you will perform or assist in variety of quality control engineering and inspection work related to a specific discipline, i.e., civil, structural, mechanical, piping, welding, NDE and/or electrical.
· Inspect to contract specifications the quality of concrete mix designs, construction submittals, testing procedures, etc.
· Inspect concrete steel reinforcement and form work on bridge decks, beams, box culverts, columns, footings, utilities and roadways.
· Develop understanding/working knowledge of company quality control program, company standards, procedures, codes, etc. required to perform assigned work.
· Perform inspections and witness tests applicable to discipline to determine acceptability of work.
· Assist in maintaining work performance records, inspection records and other related items; assure correctness of all documents.
· Assist in preparation/implementation of quality control procedures, i.e., inspection instructions, control measuring and test equipment, etc.
· Assist in coordinating quality control inspection schedules with other department schedules.
· Participate in internal/external quality control audits.
· Assist in reviewing purchase documents to insure compliance with quality control requirements.
· Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent required.
· Five or more years of experience in the field or in a related area preferred. Work experience in all disciplines of construction (civil, structural, electrical, mechanical, and plumbing) preferred.
· An understanding and experience with contract specifications as they apply to quality control and/or assurance, structural steel, concrete mix designs, construction submittals, testing procedures and inspection of concrete steel reinforcement and form work.
· Inspection of structural steel, concrete steel reinforcement and formwork, utilities and roadway is a definite advantage, as are ACI and other quality related certifications.
· Good verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to develop in depth understanding of QA/QC manuals and programs.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suites.
Expected salary range for this position is $110,000 – $130,000 depending on experience.
Company builds extraordinary projects, and we need exceptional talent. Join us and together we will build the projects that improve our community.