THE HIRING COMPANY
Our client believes in creating healthier lives, healthier communities, and a healthier planet. Their associates have created a rich and proud legacy that goes back well over 100 years, and today, they are a global team across 21 countries. Company believes that investing in their associates is vital–they are empowering their teams to embrace diversity of thought, solve problems faster, and create innovative solutions that meet their customers’ needs now and into the future. This organization invests in the whole person so that you can build your future along with theirs. Plant runs Monday to Friday, two shifts.
The Plant Manager II will work from our client’s Chicagoland facility, about 15 minutes west of Chicago Midway International Airport (Zip code 60638).
Relocation assistance is available for strong candidates.
Highly competitive salary, strong bonus, 401(k) match and excellent benefits! The company rewards associates for high performance. A diverse organization made up of 5K+ extraordinary associates, welcoming every race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, and background. Additionally, recruiting and supporting veterans is a priority. The culture is built on a core value of respect — respect for each other, customers, business partners, communities, and our planet.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT THE COMPANY
- Direct teams (i.e. individual department managers, supervisors, etc.) in effectively managing each respective department.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable local, state, federal and/or company policy and procedures.
- Manage and lead teams in all direct and indirect production processes required to produce and deliver a variety of finished, bottled water products to consumers and customers. Position has 9 direct reports and people reporting to them.
- Provide coaching, development and direction to ensure success in meeting required outputs and schedules, as well as the growth of team members.
- Effectively communicate production targets and priorities to manufacturing and support teams.
- Develop annual operating plan and capital requirements. Act as project manager of all capital projects.
- Develop and implement appropriate cost saving ideas for production operations. Generate and implement ideas for continual process improvement.
- Maintain production and inventory records. Provide weekly/monthly reports as required.
- Monitor and maintain all applicable production permits and ensure that the facility complies with all local, state, federal and company policies.
- Manage employee selection, training, performance evaluation, documentation, salary and termination processes. Maintain a positive, proactive labor environment.
- BA/ BS Degree in Industrial management or relevant experience.
- 6+ Years of experience as a Plant Manager, Food and/or Beverage industry preferred.
- Track record of developing others.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Good knowledge of financial analysis and P&L; ability to apply financial theory and practices.
- Understanding of basic microbiology and quality assurance including HACCP and GMP’s.
- Able to understands and enforce adherence to OSHA and Company safety guidelines.
- Knowledge of environmental health and sanitation.
- Excellent communication skills — written, verbal, and presentation skills required.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Local to the Chicagoland area or willing to relocate with company assistance upon hire.
- Open to working one Saturday a month for inventory.
- Authorized to work in the USA without any form of sponsorship, now and in the future.