PHYSICAL THERAPIST – Northern area / counties, but can live up to an hour from territory, only required to be in office 1 to 2x’s per month.
TERRITORY: N. Standish up to West Branch, MI
Highly negotiable on compensation!
Duties include, but are not limited to:
Provides treatment as ordered by the attending physician to homebound patients to relieve pain, develop or restore function and maintain maximum performance, using various therapeutic modalities. . Documents all treatments in findings in the electronic medical record and reports any significant changes of condition to the physician.
PT Home Health Expertise
▪ Must be computer literate and able maintain simple records in English.
▪ Promotes patient/family education using various verbal and written communication techniques that take into account the patient’s/family’s cultural, ethnic and/or personal needs or preferences.
▪ Collaborates with the patient/family to learn appropriate self-care techniques.
▪ Submits documentation in a timely manner per Agency policy.
▪ Knowledgeable of current federal, state and agency regulations concerning patient care, includes incident management and reporting.
▪ Maintains regulatory requirements.
▪ Participates in agency’s other mandated activities, i.e., in-services, Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement (QAPI); staff meetings.
· A current unencumbered State professional license.
· One year experience as a home care professional physical therapist and competent in performing comprehensive assessment and OASIS-C preferred.
· The ability to make sound professional clinical judgment.
· The ability to assess and document patient needs and formulate individualized patient care plans to meet those needs.
· Proficiency in clinical skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills and is able to read, write and comprehend English.
· An automobile to be used for work, current driver’s license, good driving record and proof of insurance.
· Proficiency in personal computer use, including email, clinical, word processing, and spreadsheet software.