Our client is an upscale food and entertainment restaurant group with a commitment to scratch kitchen and their beverages are top shelf. They know how to find the balance with good food, atmosphere, and just the right touch of personality. They have multiple concepts within their portfolio, some more established and some are newer. We are honored to help them on their search for Pastry Chef to join their team at their newest concept in the River Oaks, Houston area, scheduled to open May 2024.
As Pastry Chef you will:
- Have overall leadership for all pastry operations which includes the development and review of all menus, recipes and costing and establishment of all quality standards for food product. Areas of oversight include the production facility, catering, and all food service outlets.
- Develops and executes short and long-term menu strategies that support brand positioning and business needs. Works with Senior Leadership Team to convert strategies into compelling new menu offerings and concepts that drive guest satisfaction, guest traffic and brand equity.
- Oversees the consistent application of culinary development standards, processes, and established methodologies; ensures effective operations processes to support operational excellence.
- Provides strategic direction to develop food within specified cost parameters to ensure the achievement of business targets (guest count, margin, menu mix and sales) while delivering on quality requirements.
- Provide leadership to the Executive Chef in their oversight of the day-to-day culinary operations and activities including, preparation, production, development, and execution of recipes.
- Works with Director of Operations in developing and leveraging Company purchasing and supplier networks; achieves cost efficiencies while procuring quality ingredients and introducing new food.
- Be part of the candidate selection process of top talent to facilitate attainment of team goals and objectives. Supports training, development, and other professional growth opportunities; manages individual and team performance through coaching, feedback, and performance management discussions.
- Oversees planning, organizing, monitoring, and control of all aspects of a project and ensures engagement, commitment, and risk management; provides ongoing communications on project status to ensure senior leadership alignment.
- Complies with federal, state, and local health and sanitation regulations and department sanitation procedures as evidenced through local health department.
Ensure that all food establishments meet necessary food safety, handling and sanitary standards and regulations and that Facilities Audits are kept up to date.
Ideal candidate is coming from either upscale casual or breakfast/brunch concepts. You have a culinary education background or equivalent experience. You have extensive menu, product, and concept development experience. You have a strong passion for guest experience, and you have solid knowledge of industry trends, attitudes, and needs. Must be available to work on weekends, holidays, and evenings as required.
Their organization is thriving and growing. This role is full-time (50 hours a week) and comes with benefits, insurance, PTO, and steep discount across all brands in their family. There is also a profit-sharing bonus potential paid quarterly and a 401k program.