- Build a Municipal Group by leading business development initiatives (proposal development, interviews, presentations, etc.), project delivery, and growing our client base while coordinating efforts with other members of the firm’s Municipal Group and Senior Management Team.
- Ideal candidate will be recognized as a leader in the design of water treatment and distribution systems and wastewater treatment and collection systems.
- Candidate must have a proven track record of marketing, building strong relationships, securing work with potential clients, and providing exceptional project delivery to existing clients.
- Grow a team to complete workload and mentor staff from a client care, business development, and technical perspective.
- Independently performs moderately complex engineering computations involving conventional engineering practices.
- Uses computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents.
- Write technical specifications, reports, and other correspondence to various audiences.
- Coordinate with government agencies, client staff, and other professionals to obtain design information and approvals.
- Consistently exercise discretion and judgment in all work tasks.
- Learn and apply company standards and best practices.
- Candidate should be known in industry-affiliated professional organizations and groups and have a solid track record of managing internal technical teams and projects to profitability.
- Overseeing and managing tasks/projects and clients’ expectations to scope, time, and budget goals for the planning, design and construction of municipal projects, as well as creating construction documents, specifications, and handling construction oversight/administration.
- Qualified candidates will have a BS/BA in Engineering or related degree and a minimum of 10+ years of experience. Additionally, a Professional Engineering (PE) license in Idaho or Washington, or the ability to obtain within six months.
- P.E. license in Idaho and/or Washington or the ability to obtain within six months of employment.
- This position will direct and grow our engineering firm’s Idaho and/or Washington municipal water and wastewater efforts.
- Top candidates will have 10+ years of experience working with communities to solve their water and wastewater challenges.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment; offer constructive feedback and direction to support goals.
- Excellent work ethic and a comprehensive understanding of engineering principles.
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
Benefits and Compensation:
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus Time for Billable Overtime Hours
- Bonus Opportunities
- Traditional & Roth 401k plans with Immediate Company Match
- Paid Health Insurance for Employee (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Short & Long-term Disability Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick & Vacation Time
- Family-Oriented Environment
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- First-time Home Buyers Program
Primary Location(s): Coeur d’Alene, ID or Spokane, WA