PACE MEDICAL DIRECTOR
MEDICAL DIRECTOR – PACE (All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) program provides seniors with the opportunity to continue living in their homes and in their communities. Our innovative and comprehensive range of medical services is what ignites our passion to treat the whole person and not the symptoms! We employ a collaborative interdisciplinary team (IDT) approach to evaluate and guide participant care, which is key to our values, team culture, and mission.
We are launching a PACE program in Stockton, CA, which serves as our patients’ health insurer as well as directly provides comprehensive primary care and social services to keep them living safely in their communities. Reporting to the Chief Medical Officer, the Medical Director will be at the center of an IDT, providing care. PACE is an ideal job for a clinician, as it allows you to spend ample time engaging with and truly caring for patients without the mis-aligned incentives of fee-for-service.
Essential Job Duties:
- Provide primary care and acute illness evaluation and treatment for a panel of approximately 150 participants
- Perform comprehensive assessments for participants and coordinate with the IDT to develop a comprehensive care plan for each participant
- Be an engaged member of the IDT, communicating participant changes, collaborating on care planning arrangements, and coordinating 24-hour care delivery
- Work collaboratively with network providers and other members of the IDT to ensure effective care coordination, particularly around hospital discharge, short-term, and long-term placement
- Provide direction and guidance to Nurse Practitioners
- Oversee participants’ use of medical specialists and inpatient care
- Participate in rotating night and weekend call
- Oversee all care of participants in the nursing home, providing regular visits as dictated by PACE standards and participants’ needs
- Review outcome and utilization data, including adverse events, hospitalizations, and use of specialists, in collaboration with the IDT to identify opportunities for improved care and operations
- Successful completion of a residency program accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education
- Master’s degree/doctorate degree
- Board Certification – Internal Medicine or Family Practice
- Board Certification – Geriatrics preferred
- Active California Physician License without restrictions
- State CDS Certification and DEA Registration
- Valid state driver’s license with a clean DMV record
- Copy of recent vehicle insurance required
- Excellent clinical, organizational, and communication skills in settings with frail, elderly participants, their families, and the IDT
- Current knowledge of chronic care/geriatric issues and best practices
Benefits Include: apply your clinical expertise in new ways as we rapidly expand. You will have the opportunity to design the way we work in the context of an encouraging and loving environment where every person feels uniquely cared for.
- Medical insurance coverage (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Work/life balance – we mean it! 17 days of personal time off (PTO), 12 holidays observed annually, and sick time
- 401 K savings + match
- Advancement opportunities – we’ve got a track record of hiring and promoting from within, meaning you can create your own path!
- CME and Paid Time Away
- Equity grants – typically reserved for executives, we want all team members to celebrate our success as a rapidly scaling company
- Malpractice Insurance
- And additional benefits