Established company with a large part of the U.S. market share in what they manufacture located in southwest suburban Atlanta has an opportunity for a Manufacturing Supervisor – Die Casting in a plant environment due to growth. This day shift opportunity is 10 hours days Monday thru Thursday and some hours on Friday. The hours could vary some. The benefit package includes an attractive 401K with a 100% match to 5%. There is a competitive salary range and bonus potential as well. Good relocation assistance is also available. This is a zinc die casting environment with multiple machines that are for various tonnage and the casting is for the finished product. Multi-tasking is a very important aspect of the position. Will supervise approximately 20 people in this role with the leadership aspect being important. This position will involve troubleshooting of the die equipment and controlling quality as well as correcting defects. Production planning and scheduling is an important aspect of the role as well.
As a Manufacturing Supervisor – Die Casting will oversees all operations within their respective department including but not limited to quality of production, managing employees, maintaining safety regulations, and monitoring daily production standards by performing the following duties.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain and enforce safety regulations within the department.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of employees engaged in the department.
- Confer with management or subordinates to resolve worker problems, complaints, or grievances.
- Participate in the hiring process by reviewing credentials, conducting interviews, or making hiring decisions or recommendations.
- Train, Counsel, Discipline employees within the department.
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments.
- Inspect materials, products or equipment to detect defects within the Supervisor’s department.
- Complete Time and Attendance tasks within the department using Microsoft Dynamics AX.
- Read and analyze charts, work orders, production schedules, and other records and reports to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs.
- Maintain organization of surrounding workspace (6s).
- Conduct regular cycle counts and other inventory controls to ensure inventory accuracy.
- Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals.
- Demonstrate equipment operations and work and safety procedures to new employees or assign employees to experienced workers for training.
- Observe work and other indicators to ensure that operators conform to production or processing standards.
DEPARTMENTAL SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (In addition to the above listed duties and responsibilities, the Manufacturing Supervisor may have departmental specific duties and responsibilities as noted)
Die Cast: (Reports to Plant Manager)
- Initiates changes in casting cycle times, lubrication of dies, preheating of dies, and/or process parameters to ensure the quality of the castings produced. Assist in troubleshooting of departmental machinery as needed.
- Supervises operation of all equipment to include but not inclusive of the following: Die Cast Machines, Trim Presses, Laundry System, and Melting Furnace.
- Responsible for analyzing, organizing, and planning production to meet customer need(s).
- Performing data entry via production reports daily.
- Ensure timekeeping is both accurate and complete in a timely manner.
- Lead and participate in continuous improvement projects, Gemba walks, 6S audits, and layered process audits within department.
- Work(s) cross functionally with other departments to resolve and improve production related needs.
- Responsible for documentation of training events within department and ensuring implementation.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA) from four-year college or university, or three to five years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience in HPDC (zinc, aluminum, and/or equivalent). High pressure aluminum die casting is best, but will consider other types of die casting
- Three to five years’ experience in troubleshooting HPDC machinery.
- Three to five years’ experience in quality control within a die casting environment. Possesses the ability to identify rejects and identify root cause to prevent recurrence.
- Three to five years’ experience using MRP/ERP software, Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Experience reading and interpreting documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; writing routine reports and correspondence; speaking effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Experience working with mathematical concepts such as such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportion to practical situations.
- Experience solving practical problems and dealing with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; experience interpreting a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: (The following statements describe the physical abilities required to perform the essential job functions, although exceptions may be made to these requirements based on the principle of reasonable accommodation.)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. Job requires the ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects. Must have the ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Hearing protection may be required in some manufacturing departments.