Our client has developed a truly cutting edge carbon capture technology used to make environmentally sustainable polymers. With commercial scale manufacturing in place and state-of-the-art R&D and Technical Service resources, they are poised for significant growth. They require an experienced polymer industry sales leader to direct all sales efforts and accelerate the commercialization of new polymer product offerings. This position can be performed on a fully remote basis but will have a very significant travel (75%+) requirement to customer sites and the headquarters office. Travel would be less for someone based in LA.
- Be accountable for directing all sales team efforts and for creating and implementing robust sales processes.
- Provide support to the team to enlarge the existing opportunity funnel and to commercialize opportunities.
- Identify barriers to commercial success and engage the organization to remove them.
- Recruit, mentor, direct, motivate and retain technical sales team members.
- Collaborate with senior leadership to align sales efforts with overall business objectives.
- Use knowledge of and contacts in the polymer and plastics converting industries to catalyze relationships and sales activity.
- Be accountable for sales budgets, forecasting and team expenses.
- Coordinate sales team efforts with business development and marketing efforts.
- Serve on senior business leadership team.
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Polymer Engineering or related technical discipline.
- At least 15 years of business experience within the polymer manufacturing industry.
- At least 10 years of sales team leadership experience.
- Executive presence and highly developed business acumen.
- Strong understanding of polymer technology and the plastics converting value chain.
- Well-developed industry network.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to operate at the C-level.
- Ability to travel as required.
This a unique and exciting opportunity to join a growing organization that is on the leading edge of sustainable polymer technology. Attractive compensation package includes an equity incentive.
Interested candidates must be legally authorized in the United States. Future Visa sponsorship is not available.