Position: WR Engineer
We are looking for a Water Resources Engineer for a client in the Orlando area. The position will work closely with the project managers working on watershed/stormwater projects (modeling, pollutant loading analysis, water quality calculations, writing reports, permitting, design, construction observations, and field reviews).
- Assist the project manager with directing the development and production of assigned projects.
- Mentor junior staff, check data entered into GIS databases, and review hydrologic, hydraulic, and/or water quality analysis and modeling to ensure completeness, and accuracy to engineering standards and practices.
- Analyze stormwater or floodplain drainage systems to control erosion, stabilize natural water body flow ways and side banks, understand/reduce flooding, or repair channel sections.
- Prepare environmental documentation for water resources, regulatory program compliance, data management and analysis, and field work.
- Perform computer-aided design of stormwater channels, ditches, pipelines, and other drainage components to produce plans in accordance with various standards and criteria.
- Utilize specialized computer software for the analysis, design, and plans production of stormwater systems, including ICPR modeling.
- Produce detailed reports and other documentation.
- Make decisions and design or develop solutions to problems by applying accepted procedures and methodologies.
- PE license in the State of Florida (or ability to obtain within six months)
- 7 years of experience on watershed/stormwater (watershed studies, stormwater retrofits, drainage design, permitting, and field inspections is a plus).
- Knowledge of FDOT and municipal design criteria, standards, and plans preparation requirements
- Experience with ArcGIS, ICPR, MicroStation, and GEOPAK Drainage or equivalent software
- Ability to communicate effectively, thoroughly complete work tasks, and work well with others