Preferably in a Food/Beverage-related industry.
Directs and manages all warehousing operations, including receiving, storage and distribution of all items received from suppliers or producers to ensure raw materials and/or other supplies are stored, located and distributed to the proper departments in a safe, efficient and timely manner. Assures quality and safety while achieving established goals and objectives.
- Coordinates overall warehousing activities through planning and communication with supervisors to ensure all shipping and receiving objectives are accomplished in a timely, cost-effective and safe manner.
- Develops and controls plans and budgets for the warehouse area.
- Develops and implements a cost-effective maintenance program for warehouse equipment, ensuring that both preventative maintenance programs and repairs are completed to maintain the equipment in an efficient, safe operating condition.
- Monitors storage racking, tanks, and other structures to ensure the safe storage of all materials.
- Oversees the rotation of inventories within the warehouse to prevent spoilage or outdated product or material.
- Controls and minimizes overtime labor costs, maintenance costs, out-of-stocks, and receiving/selection errors.
- Coordinates with other department managers to ensure proper purchasing, processing, packaging, accounting and inventory control activities and procedures.
- Monitors the unloading of all materials being received to ensure compliance to safety requirements.
- Resolves discrepancies with plant accounting regarding invoices/packing slips/receiver reports/inventory levels.
- Provides training, direction, development, evaluation, coaching and leadership to subordinates.
- Maintains good employee, corporate and community relations.
- Coordinates with other department managers to ensure proper purchasing, scheduling, processing, packaging, accounting and inventory control activities and procedures.
- Maintains company standards for cleanliness, safety and productivity in the warehouse area.
- Ensures compliance to quality, food safety and HAACP support programs; assures conformity to all company, customer and government standards and ensures compliance to all federal, state and local laws and company policies.
- Performs other duties / responsibilities as assigned by Management.
Directly supervises 1 supervisor who supervises a total of 20 employees in the warehouse area. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and results of the warehouse area. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training, scheduling, appraising and terminating employees; planning, assigning and directing work; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints/grievances and resolving problems.
- 3-5 years of warehouse experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in a food-related industry.
- Associates degree in business or equivalent experience/education in warehouse management.
- Working knowledge of receiving, warehouse and material handling operations, methods and practices.
- BS/BA degree in business or industrial management or related field preferred.