VP of R&D – Medical Devices
We are searching for a VP of R&D Engineering to lead a team developing electromechanical cardiovascular medical device platforms. The VP of R&D will lead teams developing two different programs.
Qualifications for VP of R&D – Medical Devices:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, preferably mechanical engineering or electrical engineering, advanced degree preferred.
- 10+ years experience in development of Class III cardiovascular or Class II electromechanical medical devices in a multi-disciplined team environment.
- Experience leading engineering teams through full life cycle of a Class III or Class II medical device development preferred.
- Experience driving development of a product line with commercial success preferred
- Experience with electrophysiology – EP – platforms strongly preferred
- 5+ years in project management/leadership of multifunctional teams ie mechanical engineering, software engineering, electrical engineering
- Experience leading development of products with embedded software preferred
- Strong leadership skills.
- Exceptional communications skills, oral and written.
- A track record of accomplishment in driving innovation in the development of complex medical devices
Responsibilities of the R&D Director:
- Product development planning: including product and technology roadmaps, execution, budgeting, resource planning, process development, technology transfer, vendor partnerships and metrics
- Team development: developing a product development organization with a customer focus, development, coaching and mentoring team, identification of career paths and continuous learning opportunities