VP of R&D – Cardiovascular Products
We are searching for a VP of R&D Engineering to lead a team developing electromechanical cardiovascular medical device platforms. The VP of R&D will lead teams developing electrophysiology products including balloon catheters and electronic control systems.
This exciting company, with strong financials with existing product lines, is expected to go public next year. It is experiencing rapid growth.
Qualifications for VP of R&D – Medical Devices:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, preferably mechanical engineering or electrical engineering, advanced degree preferred.
- 10+ years experience in development of Class III cardiovascular devices
Technical leadership in the cardiovascular space with a track record of accomplishment in developing exceptional cross functional engineering teams, ie mechanical, electrical, software, quality.
Program management experience, PMP preferred.
Vision. A strong understanding of the cardiovascular landscape and what lies ahead.
- Experience leading engineering teams through full life cycle of a Class III or Class II medical device development.
- Experience driving development of a product line with commercial success preferred
- Experience with electrophysiology – EP – platforms strongly preferred
- Experience leading development of products with embedded software preferred
- Exceptional communications skills, oral and written.
- A track record of accomplishment in driving innovation in the development of complex medical devices
Responsibilities of the VP of R&D – Medical Devices:
- Product development planning: including product and technology roadmaps, execution, budgeting, resource planning, process development, technology transfer, vendor partnerships and metrics
- Team development: developing a product development organization with a customer focus, development, coaching and mentoring team, identification of career paths and continuous learning opportunities
- Provide technical leadership on complex design issues
Occupational Category: 17-2141 Mechanical Engineers
: Please apply using the form or send your resume to Debbie Winkelbauer