We are looking for a CAD Tech for our client near Hopkinton, MA.
Graduates with Architecture, Structural Engineering, Construction Technology, Construction Management, or other related business or technical course experience are preferred. Individuals who have proven, or are ready to prove, they can excel individually and in team settings in the office and on the construction site will be considered for this role. Strong knowledge of VDC software including CAD, Revit, Civil 3D, Navisworks, and/or Tekla and the ability to work independently are essential for success.
· Use 2D and 3D digital tools to interpret and analyze design documents to determine the optimal means and methods of construction.
· Create overlays of separate design discipline drawings to identify dimensional conflicts, provide missing information, and coordinate our work with other trades.
· Create composite drawings and models of our concrete work to communicate all dimensions, openings, and fabricated embedments to our field forces. Assist in the preparation of drawings and point plans for use by our surveying crews.
· Prepare as-built drawings of our completed work for submission.
· Generate and maintain accurate 3D models based on construction documents throughout project life cycles.
· Audit and review third party models using Revit and Navisworks.
· Ability to demonstrate basic understanding of drafting methods such as layering, X-References, dimensioning, and scaling.
· Participate in the development of standard families and detail libraries for concrete, formwork, and equipment.