Value Stream Leader for an Engine facility located less than an hour north of Pittsburgh, PA to have full business leadership responsibility for the daily operations of multiple requalification and assembly production lines. This role will lead a team of exempt and hourly employees in the execution of continuous improvement activities focused on defined targets in Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost.
- Create a strong culture of one-team focused on understanding and balancing employee, business, and customer needs.
- Utilize lean manufacturing skills to adapt and support a culture of continuous improvement.
- Drive and sustain culture of accountability, compliance, and operational excellence with both hourly and exempt workforce.
- Ensure assigned employees are aware / comply with all government, customer and applicable policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Perform necessary administrative activities associated with effective management of shop operations, including necessary interface activities with other functions and organizations required to accomplish all objectives.
- Develop necessary capacity and business contingency plans to ensure continued ability to delivery to customers when demand changes or facility problems arise.
- Provide ongoing leadership, counseling, and support for plant team, guiding them in current positions and assisting with career development and training.
- Assure commitment in own and other’s actions to the pursuit of highest possible quality of services, internal and delivered products to customers.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Operations Management in heavy industrial manufacturing or machine shop environments.