The Territory Sales Representative’s responsibilities include identifying new opportunities to increase product sales, investigating and resolving customer complaints, and strategically negotiating the terms of sale with customers to close sales. You should also be able to take the necessary steps to develop an in-depth understanding of the latest clinical data provided by the company.
To be successful as a Territory Sales Representative, you should keep up-to-date of the latest developments in medical legislation to determine the effect it may have on company sales. Territory Sales Representative should demonstrate excellent negotiation, customer service, and consultative sales skills to continually meet or exceed sales targets.
Medical Sales Representative Responsibilities:
- Scheduling meetings with potential and existing customers.
- Presenting company products to potential and existing customers.
- Identifying customers’ needs and recommending company products that best fulfill those needs.
- Maintaining solid working relationships with new and existing customers by providing excellent after-sales service.
- Attend industry events, training, company meetings, briefings, and educational workshops.
- Researching competitors’ products, pricing, and market success.
- Preparing sales reports as well as territory analyses and submitting them to management.
Medical Sales Representative Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Proven medical sales experience in the diagnostic/laboratory space.
- Current or prior experience with Primary Care Physicians, Urology and Ob/Gyn
- Sound knowledge of medical terminology and legislation.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent organizational and consultative sales skills.
- Effective communication and negotiation skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.