TOXICOLOGIST / Hybrid REMOTE
Salary (100-135K)+ Bonus + Signing Bonus + Paid Relocation
Can be in the office as little as 2 days / per month. Needs to be someone able to come on-site as needed
- Provide technical leadership for toxicological evaluations, testing strategies, and documentation of product safety assurance for new product development projects
- Utilize industry standard approaches and leverage currently available science to conduct toxicological human health risk assessments for raw materials, formulas, product formats, and contaminants
- Partner with Corporate Product Safety, Regulatory, Formulations, Marketing, Consumer Insights and Legal to provide product safety guidance throughout the product development process
- Provide scientific leadership and transparency of internal safety assurance practices to stakeholders (both internal and external) to support consumer confidence in the company’s products
- Provide subject matter expertise to the Regulatory and Packaging teams related to cautionary language, safety statements and safe packaging design
- Review and provide subject matter expertise related to consumer exposure complaints
- Understand “state of science” for home cleaning toxicology and safety assurance practices, via trade association/alliance participation as directed by leadership; Monitor and address issues of concern; Monitor emerging issues
- Corroborate with management in interfacing with regulatory authorities and customers regarding product safety questions or issues
- PhD in toxicology
- Certification as a Diplomat of the American Board of Toxicology (DABT)
- Minimum of 5 years of industry experience, preferably in consumer product goods
- Quality control— demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, and monitors own work to ensure quality
- About 4+ years of experience in CPG (food, cleaning, beauty, etc). Could come from a consulting firm.
- Risk assessment experience.
- Background in toxicology.
- Board certified (DABT) is a plus, if not, would like this person to become certified.
- Teamwork and culture are very important