Non-union automotive tier 1 supplier is seeking a Tooling Engineer to be a part of their Process engineering department.
- Manage production and prototype mold projects.
- Prepare and maintain specifications, design standards and master drawings for the design and purchase of tooling for sub-contractors and in-house tool rooms.
- Take leadership role in design of tooling for new products through mold design
- Work with product engineering in the design of new parts to improve costs and quality of product to meet customer requirements
- Maintain and handle repairs, replacement parts and revisions to tooling. Manage storage and documentation of obsolete tooling.
- Trouble-shoot manufacturing and quality problems.
- Hands on support of all manufacturing operations.
- Support engineering teams on new product launch APQP and production readiness.
- Minimum associate’s degree in mechanical engineering or other applied science degree such as manufacturing technologies or industrial engineering, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum two years’ experience inmold design. Preferred 5 years’ experience in mold design and knowledge of plastic molds.