Maintain a safe and healthful workplace and keeping tooling maintained to produce quality products. Also responsible for assisting with continuous improvement of tooling, housekeeping, helping to make informed decisions, and having tooling ready for production runs.
(This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. Team members will be required to follow any other job related instructions or to perform other job duties requested by their leader)
- Know and understand “Our Client”Quality and Environmental policies.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Follows and supports and “Our Client”’s operating principles, including:
- “Our Client” Employee Charter – Operating under its principles by treating all team members equally, fairly and with dignity and respect.
- Abide by “OUR CLIENT” policies and procedures as described in the most current version of the Team Member Handbook.
- Open Door Policy – Solves issues with two-way, open and friendly communication.
- 5S – Maintains and promotes good housekeeping by following the philosophy “Everything has a place. Everything in its place”.
- Safety First – Obey the plant’s safety rules and procedures by wearing PPE at all times and immediately addressing all safety concerns. Promotes an environment where zero injuries are the expected standard.
- Promote MAFACT benchmarks to achieve World Class Manufacturing.
- Core values – Treat all team members equally, fairly, with dignity and respect without favoritism in accordance with company values.
- Attend and participate in Team, Department, Plant-wide and any other meetings as required.
- Conduct all activities in a professional manner and positive attitude with an emphasis on personal responsibility.
- Tig & Mig welding and hand working parts of dies (heat treat of materials)
- Sound understanding and knowledge of die work/operations
- Sound understanding and machine knowledge, able to run all tool room equipment including measuring instruments
- Sound understanding and knowledge of Press and Assembly Operations and Quality procedures
- Assist in determining spare parts requirements
- Maintain accurate documentation
- Train operators and new team members
- Recommend modifications to existing equipment
- Establish and maintain communication with other team members and support departments
- Support continuous improvement and lean manufacturing processes
- Ensure quality product and know quality procedures
- Perform troubleshoot tooling (in or out of the presses)
- Work to blueprints, CAD data, sketches, and verbal instructions
- Efficiently perform Lock out/Tag out Procedures
- Follow all plant safety policies and procedures
- Verify dimensions, alignments, and clearance of finished parts.
- Visualize and compute dimensions, sizes, shapes, and tolerances of assemblies based on specifications.
- Smooth and polish flat and contoured surfaces of die parts on tooling using abrasive stones, filers, emery clothes or power grinders. Spot dies into proper run conditions.
- Be able to identify tool stacks and how to heat treat
These qualifications represent the minimum requirements of the position. Team members will be required to possess the ability and aptitudes to perform the duties proficiently.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma or GED
- Post-secondary education preferred in tool and die, or related minimum of two years’ experience in tool and die capacity
- Journeyman Certification is a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- General knowledge of troubleshooting, materials and methods, machines and tools, and practical application of tooling
- Computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel preferred
- Minimum of two years on-the-job training with heavy industrial manufacturing experience in skilled trade capacity
- Must be able to provide own tools
- Must have basic knowledge of drafting (blueprint reading, dimension drawings, etc.)
- Basic knowledge in automation
- Office and General factory environment
- Able to be flexible in hours of work on short notice in order to meet internal/external customer requirements (scheduled and non-scheduled overtime shifts, etc.)
- Possible Shift Work
- Ability to sit and stand for prolonged periods of time, and occasional bending and stooping
- Ability to lift in excess of 40 pounds. Moving tool boxes around, and lifting and standing for extended periods of time.