Major and established brand name company has an opportunity for a Tool & Die Engineer at their large site which is located on the south side of the Atlanta, GA metropolitan area. There are major company benefits, profit sharing and bonus potential as well as relocation assistance nationally.
- Responsible for direct supervision of tool and die personnel.
- Responsible for oversight and repair of tools, dies, and fixtures as well as the die change over process.
- Develops the die design with the die maker, determine equipment required, and optimal production method to meet the product design and operational capacity at a competitive cost.
- Determines equipment, tooling, and product costs based on a product/process design.
- Manages the project to meet the targets for cost, timing, and operational efficiency (Cycle time, HC, layout, material handling)
- Develops and presents the cost justification and any capital planning (CPFR) to request project funding.
- Quotes dies to several die makers to determine best cost option.
- Manages the project to assure die construction and associated equipment meet the targets for cost and timing.
- Utilizes knowledge of die design and associated equipment to provide a cost competitive manufacturing process.
- Communicates CAD drawings and other design needs to the die designers and fabricators to assure the die is built correctly.
- Responsible for sourcing secondary tooling.
- Work closely with tool maker to develop prototype tooling and mass production that meets PPAP and process capability requirements.
- Provide product and tooling troubleshooting support and continuous improvement solutions.
- Defines requirements for ongoing die maintenance to avoid failures.(PM Schedule)
Education / Experience:
- BSME or equivalent experience with 5+ years experience or 10 years Minimum – Die development, project management, and tool / die manufacturing experience without degree
- High School Diploma or GED required.
Other Required Skills:
- Experience running shop equipment such as CNC Mill, CNC Lathe, etc..
- Experience programming Wire EDM.
- Strong skills in understanding CAD drawings and can communicate CAD data.
- Experience working with stamping presses, roll forming presses, steel spinning presses, MIG/TIG welding, steel and aluminum materials.
- Experience in tool design/development/procurement.
- Experience in determining the manufacturing cost, tooling costs, and timing to meet the targets for the overall project.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Welding equipment and weld fixture design.
- Ability to work in both controlled manufacturing office environment and non- air conditioned metal working factory floor environment.
- Stamping presses, roll forming presses, NC lathes, manual and automated welders and robotic welding.