BILINGUAL SPANISH HIGHLY DESIRED
The Freezer – Operations Manager’s role is to assist and support the Operations Department – by supervising and coordinating activities of workers by determining work procedures, preparing work schedules, and expediting workflow by properly utilizing employees and their hours.
· Ensure supervisory team meets and maintains production standards for the department based on assignments and responsibilities.
· Manage a team of managers /supervisors responsible for the day-to-day activities of department and assigned staff.
· Supervise team’s performance through performance planning, production forecasts, coaching, appraisal, and disciplinary efforts.
· Communicates and keeps direct reports well informed and aligned to Company and DC’s values, vision, values goals, results, initiatives, policies, procedures etc.
· Ensures associate schedule meets the demand of Inbound/Outbound volume.
· Responsible for assisting in hiring, training, and developing all new and existing associates.
· Work with all applicable departments to ensure efficient and accurate flow of products scheduled for receiving and shipping.
· Hold departmental meetings as expected, covering, and preparing argent/performance numbers with the team(s) or specifics including the current business day(s) volume for Inbound/Outbound deliveries, accessing required headcount and labor management based on projected deliveries, Supervisor team matrix for performance and accuracy by EE, Attendance, Safety, and Inventory Control, etc.
· Help support or conduct communication and administer disciplinary action to associates who violate company policy or that do not meet the performance standards.
· Communicate with appropriate individuals/departments during the shift that may affect other warehouse departments.
· Efficiently lead the supervisors/Managers of the department toward attaining their individual and combined goals through hands-on guidance.
· Help build effect teams by creating goals and providing development plans for self and direct reports.
· Develop a large group of production associates across multiple shifts into a well-organized, highly motivated, and well aligned team.
· Minimizes workplace accidents and injuries by sustaining a culture that is compliant with safety procedures and highly focused on workplace safety.
· Maintain labor cost and improve productivity within the facility.
· Strategically plan, develop, implement, and be responsible for budget & operational goals.
· Acts as resource, mentor, and coach/trainer for manager(s)/supervisor(s)and direct reports and supervisor trainees progressing through the training programs and leadership programs.
· Provide accurate reporting information to upper management team(s).
· Make recommendations for modifications to procedures or processes impacting your area of responsibility that will maximize efficiency, productivity, and reduce costs.
· Form game plans and project assessments based on lower performing supervisors and associates.
· Create or monitor reporting and KPI’s to track progress throughout the operation.
· Track and monitor supervisors daily, weekly, and monthly observation schedule and completion status.
· Create observation calendar for both Inbound & Outbound teams.
· Hold brainstorming session’s biweekly to address departmental struggles and projects and task assignments for Inbound & Outbound teams.
· Create action plans to eliminate process deviations within the facility.
· Communicate with upper management to provide updates on task and project statuses.
· Lean management implementations and process flow assessments.
· Labor management and EE alignment to adhere to P/L budgeting goals per day.
· Business Alignment – Aligns the direction, products, services, and performance of a business line with the rest of the organization.
· Coaching & Mentoring – Enables co-workers to grow and succeed through feedback, instruction, and encouragement.
· Communication – Listens to others and communicates in an effective manner.
· Ethics & integrity – Earns others’ trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions.
· Leadership – Promotes organizational mission and goals and shows the way to achieve them.
· Planning & Organizing – Coordinates ideas and resources to achieve goals.
· Relationship Building – Builds constructive working relationships characterized by a high level of acceptance, cooperation, and mutual respect.
· Staff Management – Manages staff in ways that improve their ability to succeed on the job.
· Teamwork – Diplomatically handles challenging or tense interpersonal situations.