Major established and global company with a good working culture a total of 4 Test Engineer opportunities at 2 sites with 1 on the 1st shift and 1 on the 2nd shift around Syracuse, NY. Also, 1 on the 1st and one on the 2nd shift near Binghamton, NY. Will work in the department responsible for testing and analysis on company’s full portfolio of forklift, warehouse management systems, energy, and automated solutions. The successful candidate will create innovative solutions for basic to complex vehicle systems utilizing traditional electrical/software engineering techniques such as design, development, implementation, maintenance, test, and evaluation. This individual will be the Test point of contact for multiple projects and must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately in an evolving and dynamic environment. Assignments are broad in nature, usually requiring originality and ingenuity to complete. The Test Engineer may have project management responsibility for small projects or subsets of large projects. There is in addition a 5% shift differential for working on the 2nd shift. An attractive relocation package is available and profit sharing which has been averaging about 7% for a number of years.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES / REQUIREMENTS:
- Participates in the integration and regression testing of software and system functionality.
- Creates test plans, templates, and strategies for multiple test flows – unit tests, functional tests, and hardware in-/out-of-loop tests – and ensures test results are documented and submitted.
- Keeps manager informed of progress, changes, priorities, and project cost/schedule status.
- Provides support for new product development teams.
- Works with cross-functional groups at the direction of a lead engineer or program manager.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- plan, organize, and carry out technical activities with strong attention to detail.
- communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- present technical material to technically diverse audiences.
- work effectively in both independent and group settings.
- Familiarity with Linux development environment
- Preference for hands-on work, physical system/component testing, systems integration, & hardware work
- Solid understanding of programming techniques using C, C++, C#, Python, Structured Text or similar languages
- Basic understanding of network and communications technology – CAN, TCP/IP, Ethernet, UWB, Bluetooth, etc.
- Experience with virtual and/or physical servers running Windows
- Experience with industrial control systems including PLCs, OPC Servers, or Kepware
- Knowledge of interface development between warehouse or manufacturing control systems and third-party software and hardware solutions
- National Instruments LabVIEW, VeriStand, TestStand
- Vector CAN Tools, XCP, etc.
- Hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) testing
- dSpace AutomationDesk and ControlDesk
- Must be willing to work on either the 1st or the 2nd shift.