Technical Services (Quality) Manager is responsible for ensuring that the company
exemplifies integrity and maintains the highest standards in food safety. This role is responsible for ensuring compliance with USDA, company, customer, legal and all regulatory requirements both foreign and domestic. Contributes to overall strategic direction for the organization, providing subject matter expertise.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Establish, implement and maintain Quality Assurance policies and procedures for inspecting and controlling raw or packaging materials, in-process and finished product to ensure that all products produced and/or processed conform to predetermined standards and specifications.
· Establish optimal staffing levels and ensure the competency of QA staff through selection, training and development.
· Act as subject matter expert within the organization. Ensure progressive management of current and new quality and operating processes while safeguarding that best-in-class science-based methodology is applied.
· In coordination with Dir, TS, monitor, audit and approve facilities and manufacturing operations for conformance with established procedures and requirements.
· Ensure maintenance of required records and documents, including formal test results, inspections, file samples, vendor performance, product complaints and product disposition.
· Create necessary systems, including communication systems, to remove bottlenecks, information flow issues and other inefficiencies from the QA department.
· Interact effectively with USDA, auditing bodies, clients, regulatory agents and internal staff.
· Maintain positive, credible, responsive relationships and assures rapid corrective actions through dynamic leadership and timely documentation.
· Maintain a robust organization-wide quality training program that ensures that plant is in “Customer Visit” or “Audit Ready” condition at all times.
· Support other operating areas through any and all needs – Sales and Marketing (new business/new project development); COO and Directors of Operations (new equipment and plant expansions) – to ensure regulatory requirements are met.
· Manage FSQA staff through accomplishment of daily requirements.
· Support Dir, TS on all BRC Audits.
· Support Dir, TS for HAACP requirements.
· Experience managing /building a team – passion for developing people and teaching others in the organization.
· Must pass criminal background check.
· Critical thinking, problem solving, planning and organizational skills.
· Detail oriented with an emphasis on ensuring accurate record keeping.
· Team work.
· Conflict Management.
· Stress Tolerance.
· Models the highest levels of integrity.
· Exceptional communication skills – verbal and written
· Computer and software proficient; able to use technology personally and effectively to achieve goals.
· Microsoft Office skills.
To ensure operational excellence, performance will be measured based on the results
of the plant and the Quality Department. The performance measurements will be:
Quality: Number of customer complaints and rejected products.
Inspections: Scores on in-plant, customer and USDA audits.
Sales: Opportunities lost or gained through customer incidents.
Costs: Costs for re-work or reimbursement for customer losses.
Quality Department: Staff development and retention and excellence in execution of responsibilities.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Food Science or other relevant discipline. Advanced degree is a plus.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.