This role is with a custom processing equipment manufacturer that is based out of Europe and which is quickly growing its North American presence. This role is open as a reflection of that growth – up until now, someone from their European team has been handling this work, but it has grown to the point where they really need someone based here in the US to be able to quickly service the needs of their customers.
- Fielding all requests for spare parts, working with customers on quotation for those parts and maintaining communication between the vendors, the customer and internal stakeholders
- Helping customers troubleshoot their more challenging issues; this role is very much involved with customers who already have this company’s equipment installed at their facility. At times, it requires someone going to the customer facility to help them. Travel will average 25% for this role, typically 1-2 days trips.
- Occasionally this person will be involved on the very back end of a new equipment install, assisting with SAT (site acceptance testing), ensuring that the customer has all of the documentation they need, etc.
- This person will also be the liaison of communication between internal manufacturing and customers
- B.S. degree in Chemical or Mechanical engineering preferred; can consider someone without a degree with the right background of experience
- 3+ years of industry experience, ideally in processing equipment which means things like centrifuges, separation equipment, dryers, etc.
- Need previous customer-facing experience