As a Technical Analyst you will be responsible for the operation of portions of the networking and communications infrastructure necessary to provide technical computing resources to the corporation. Possess a good knowledge of area of responsibility. Solves most infrastructure problems with minimal assistance. Performs hardware/software evaluations and implementations and contacts vendors occasionally. Participates in team planning activities; occasionally assumes responsibility for planning hardware/software installations/evaluations. Participates in the change management process. This position requires carrying a cell phone and participation in periodic on call after hours support.
- Investigate and correct system-related problems; provide expert problem determination for complex problems; consult with the user community (including Applications) on system design options; and work with other areas of IT Services to provide maximum system availability.
- Maintain system functions to provide maximum availability and support. Ensure that systems are available through monitoring. Coordinate upgrades with vendors to ensure minimal impact to the organization.
- Analyze technological advances with existing product lines as well as user and company requirements to select the appropriate hardware and software to provide effective capacity over an extended period of time. Ensure compatibility within the entire infrastructure.
- Research emerging technologies to determine if they can be used to increase user productivity and/or provide the company with a competitive advantage. Determine long-term viability of both technologies and companies. Integrate technologies into existing infrastructure with minimal disruption.
- Participate in the planning process for implementing new hardware, software, and field infrastructure equipment. Plan and coordinate work scopes and installations with internal refinery personnel, contractors, vendors, public utilities, and governmental agencies as required. Create plans, provide estimated target dates, and track project progress.
- Instruct support personnel on software and hardware operation. Prepare procedures and documentation as required. Collaborate with departmental personnel in cross-training to eliminate key person dependencies.
- Participate in change management process including the use of Change Requests and completion of problem tickets
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT related field with 3 years of experience, or
- 7 years of experience in lieu of a degree
- Working knowledge of Cisco Network Equipment
- Working knowledge of VMware
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- US Citizen or Green Card Holder
- Excellent analytical & problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Cisco Networking certifications: CCNA or higher
- VMware certifications: VCP or higher
- IT Help Desk experience preferred
- Microsoft Certified a plus
- Microsoft 365 a plus
- SCCM a plus
- Azure Fundamentals a plus