Exclusive retained search for a Managing Tax Partner. Candidates must be in the L. A. area willing to work hybrid 2-3 days per week in the office. Prefer a 20+ years very seasoned partner who can run the tax department. Managing Tax Partner recently retired. Diverse industries of SEC and closely held clients including complex tax provisions and very high net worth individuals. Must be strong in practice development.
Will consider candidates out of Big-4, national, or large local L. A. based CPA firms, or possibly a corporate tax Direcctor or VP out of public accounting for less than three years, Will also consider recently retired or recently self employed (not out of mainstream public accounting for more than three years) who can project working at least another five years full time. Base salary potential of $300K – $500K. Total comp including profit sharing to $750K. Exclusive Retained Search!
We are seeking a tax partner with a modern understanding of the professional standards, technology, and data security
necessary to lead our tax team and to work with other tax partners to insure timely delivery of
excellent tax compliance and controversy work product. The successful candidate will have well developed team
management and mentoring skills. We have an ethic of People First which applies equally to our clients and staff. Our
firm is committed to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion. All partners are expected to actively participate in this
What you will be doing:
• Lead the tax team on site in our office.
• Champion technology tools to improve efficiency, accuracy, and data security.
• Hands-on review and approval of tax returns and other tax consulting and planning work product.
• Manage tax projects and due dates with personal responsibility for signing as the tax preparer.
• Ensure timeliness of deliverables and accept final responsibility for decisions.
• Understand and implement professional licensing standards, requirements of Circular 230, the IRC and FTC for
the tax team.
• Collaborate with firm C-Suite leaders on data security, brand and business development, leadership
development, people & culture and information technology.
• Hands-on mentoring of tax team members to support the professional and personal growth of team members.
• Act as a resource for tax staff and Partners on tax issues and/or questions.
• Maintain current knowledge of changes in tax laws and procedures. Implement changes in tax team workflows
and standards of practice to maintain the highest level of professional excellence.
• Engage in the design of annual tax staff training.
• Work with Partners and other lines of business.
• Maintain professional relationships in the profession and participate in national, state, and local membership
What skills & experience you need to succeed in this role:
• 20+ years of experience in public accounting.
• Licensed CPA in CA or ability to become licensed in California within 6 months of joining the firm.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or J.D. required.
• Advance degree in taxation preferred.
• Excellent tax research and writing skills required.
• Knowledge of income tax returns in the areas of individuals, partnerships, S Corporations, C Corporations,
nonprofits and foundations, complex real estate transactions, trust accounting, foreign tax matters and mergers
& acquisitions. Working knowledge of information return reporting and withholding and state taxation.
• Public Speaking experience preferred.
• Excellent software skills required.
• Experience in managing a team of licensed professionals required.
• Experience in tax controversy, audit and rulings strongly preferred.
• Emotional Intelligence.
• Demonstrated diversity, equity, and inclusion leadership preferred.
What you will receive:
• Competitive and comprehensive compensation & benefits structure.
• Culture of work-life integration and sense of belonging.