My client which is a top 150 US CPA firm with offices in Ohio, Indiana & Georgia has an annual revenue base of over $25mm & over 100 professionals, has a client base consisting of companies in the following industries: Construction & Real Estate, Dealerships, Long-Term Care, Manufacturing & Distribution, Non-Profit Organizations, Professional Services, Technology & Closely Held Businesses. They offer a wide range of compliance services and specialty financial and consulting expertise including Specialized Tax Projects, Audit and Accounting, Merger and Acquisitions, and Business Valuations.
Due to upcoming retirements, they are looking to add a new tax partner to their team.
Responsibilities include and are not limited to the following:
· Demonstrate thorough technical knowledge of accounting standards and reporting standards in researching, completing, and reviewing technical areas – flow‐through entities <150M, cash taxpayer issues, C‐Corp < 50M.
· Identify tax risk management issues and propose potential solutions through research and collaboration – governance, tax preparer rules and requirements according to AICPA standards.
· Review tax procedures, engagement workpapers and financial statements.
· Complete thorough review of tax workpapers on a timely basis, advanced top level tax review of returns.
· Demonstrate a well thought out and logical approach to practice development and selling value‐added services using their existing network and/or the desire to build strong relationships in the area.
· Review required communications to the client, ensuring their completeness, accuracy, and compliance with Firm and professional guidelines.
· Oversight of tax technology, processes, procedures, and scheduling.
· Address questions on advanced technical accounting matters from team members and upper‐level client management.
· Monitor that tasks are assigned and completed on a timely basis and reviews workflow.
· Oversee tax team by coordinating the day‐to‐day duties of planning, tax work, and wrap-up.
· Primary client contact and liaison for complex issues that staff are unable to resolve; communicate effectively with clients and develop positive relationships with client personnel.
· Supervise, train and mentor tax staff.
· Take a lead role in client and team meetings and contributes new ideas and strategic initiatives.
· Stay current on technical and industry developments and standards while evaluating potential impacts on their client engagements.