As a Tax Manager, you will work directly with clients to develop and sustain excellent relationships. Tax Managers advise clients on a full spectrum of individual, partnership, corporate, and trust and estate tax services. Participation in the calculation and analysis of proprietary tax strategies for clients are among their responsibilities. Tax managers will be responsible for scheduling & managing workflow with staff & seniors as well as providing timely & constructive feedback. We ensure that our tax personnel keep up to date on current tax practices and changes in tax law and have the ability to provide our clients with in depth industry knowledge.
· Reviews work on client engagements to ensure firm’s quality control procedures are followed.
· Informs partners of progress on engagements on a continuous basis. Identifies technical issues and brings recommended solutions to partner’s attention for timely action.
· Provides training, leadership, recognition, and administrative direction to motivate and develop team members.
· Strong understanding of U.S. tax laws as it relates to ownership of foreign entities by a U.S. person.
· Completes performance reviews and provides timely / constructive feedback.
· Understands the economics of the firm’s practice. Has direct client billing responsibility.
· Supports management with decisions pertaining to policies and procedures and brings that support to the team.
· Accepts other administrative and supervisory responsibilities, including recruiting and leading professional development conferences as required.
· Ability to mentor and train staff / seniors.
· Stays current on technical and regulatory issues.
· Assist in any other tasks as requested.
· Outstanding organization and project management skills
· Ability to work independently and coordinating priorities with partners
· Team player and can collaborate with other individuals in the organization
· Highly motivated and takes initiative for professional growth and development
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point, especially Excel)
· QuickBooks and ProSystems experience (or similar accounting/tax software equivalent)
· High level of interpersonal skills with demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy
· Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to clearly communicate issues to all levels of management
· Positive attitude and excitement to learn
· Ability to travel to client locations, which may include occasional overnight stays
· Ability to work overtime, as needed
· Management skills including effective delegation of work through staff/seniors, reviewing work & providing timely feedback, involvement with scheduling / workflow procedures, and mentoring staff/seniors.
· Minimum 4 years of experience in a public accounting firm or related experience
· CPA required
· Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis upon hire