Seeking an experienced Tax Manager for our diverse investment client located in Houston, Texas.
- Base Salary $120k – $145k DOE plus 15% bonus opportunity
- HYBRID Role – 3 days per week in office / 2 days WFH
- CPA Required
- 5+ years Tax Experience minimum including Big 4 Tax Accounting Strongly Preferred
- Real Estate experience a plus
The position is responsible for performing various duties within the tax department, including the preparation of federal and state tax returns for partnerships, S-corporations, individuals, estates/trusts, and exempt organizations. Research tax issues and opportunities that arise and routinely monitor compliance with federal and state tax law changes that affect company entities and stakeholders.
- Manage and assist with preparing federal tax returns, including partnership, S-corporation, individual, estate/trust, and exempt organization returns, as well as multi-state income and franchise tax returns.
- Assist with tax estimates, extensions, and various state filings.
- In connection with tax returns, prepare work papers supporting the conversion of financial records (GAAP) to tax basis records for all entities.
- Assist in maintaining and monitoring a due date list for all tax filings and various other deadlines.
- Assist with IRS and state agency audits, inquiries, and tax notices.
- Research various tax issues and planning opportunities as they arise.
- Monitor and evaluate federal and state income tax law changes as they pertain to company.
- Interact with accounting, treasury, investment group, and foundation personnel as may be required.
- Communicate and collaborate with external firm that reviews tax compliance.
- Working knowledge of tax accounting, tax compliance, and completion of all commonly required entity and personal tax filings.
- Proficiency with tax preparation software required
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office.
- Proficiency in critical thinking, data analysis, and technical research.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self‐starter with strong organization and time management skills with an ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and/or tasks.
- Ability to take ownership and full responsibility of work product working both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain confidential and/or proprietary information.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting from an accredited college or university required
- Master’s degree in accounting or related field a plus
- Active CPA required
- Minimum of five (5) years related experience in tax accounting, with previous experience at Big 4 or large regional public accounting firm required.
- Experience preparing returns for partnerships, S-corporations, individuals, estates/trusts, and exempt organizations.
- Experience with real estate sector preferred.