As part of our tax team, you will serve as an integral part of our organization. We are
looking for a tax expert who has a demonstrated history of delivering an excellent work
product, wants to mentor tax preparers, and naturally adopts a collaborative approach
to tax work. As a detailed reviewer, you will review tax work submitted by our preparers
and make recommendations regarding accuracy, tax savings opportunities and
compliance with tax law.
The ability to think independently, take initiative, and perform your duties with a high
degree of accuracy is essential to succeeding in this role. We believe soft skills are just as
important and vital to succeeding in our company!
• Review individual and business entities tax returns
• Assist team with answering questions and facilitating workflow.
• Review complex individual returns with multiple K-1s.
• Reviewing business entity returns, usually related to the individual owners.
• Experience with real estate ownership.
This CPA or EA will have strong knowledge of tax and accounting and will be
responsible for reviewing and preparing tax returns, extensions, estimated payments
and projections, and trial balances for a range of simple to complex clients.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
2. CPA (preferred) or Enrolled Agent
3. Active PTIN
4. 5+ years recent Tax Manager/Supervisor
5. Technical tax competencies in preparing tax returns
6. High proficiency with tax, accounting, and office software applications
7. Ability to research tax issues and perform value added tax planning
8. Strong tax, communication, accounting and analytical skills
9. Can handle complex 1040/K1 schedules
10. Strong technical skills-keeping up with laws, tech, software, etc.
11. Extensive individual/corporate/partnership tax knowledge. Expertise in tax code,
compliance and procedures for corporations.
12. Familiarity with U.S. federal, state and local reporting requirements.
13. Should value teamwork, client service, and quality in detailed work.
14. Strong accounting, analytical, and research skills.
15. Time management and the ability to handle multiple responsibilities and
changing priorities is vital.
16. Due to dealing with sensitive information, a criminal background check is
17. Desire and ability to be innovative and creative with new ideas to improve
18. Excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills.
19. Escalate operational and client issues as needed.
20. Discretion when handling confidential information.
21. Healthy comfort level with technology and ability to learn new technology
quickly. We are a high-tech paperless firm.
22. A people person with a warm personality
23. Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of in-house staff and clients
24. Ability to identify problems and offer workable solutions
25. Ability to work independently, but also collaboratively
26. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
27. Ability to work under periods of high pressure with tight timeframes while
28. A resident of the United States
29. Authorized to work in the United States
The above list describes the general nature of the work being performed and
qualifications and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties
and skills required.