JOB TITLE: Tax Director
OFFICE LOCATION: White Plains, NY
PLEASE NOTE: All interviews are kept confidential.
Our client, an outstanding and reputable Private Legal & Accounting Firm is seeking a tax leader. This candidate will be responsible for the firm’s tax compliance, tax planning and accounting for income taxes. This is an opportunity for a charismatic leader to oversee a ten-person practice. Candidates must have experience with planning for pass-through entities designed for high-net-worth individuals.
- Must be current with tax legislation
- Responsible for completion of federal and state income tax returns including all related analysis and support
- Responsible for audits of federal and state tax, income tax and state and local filings.
- Conduct tax planning
- Supervise a staff of ten
- Liaison with operating management on tax issues and accounting staff on tax accounting issues
- Ensuring that appropriate internal controls are in place over accounting for income taxes
- Maintain strong client relations and cross-sell services within the assigned group of clients
- Manage, develop, train and mentor staff on tax projects
- Advise clients with recommendations on business and process improvements and serve as a business advisor to clients
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting. Master’s degree in taxation preferred.
- JD and/or CPA is required
- Seven or more years of related tax consulting experience
- Excellent analytical, technical and tax accounting/technology skills with proficiency in US GAAP and tax compliance and consulting
- Experience training and developing staff
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet all deadlines
THIS POSITION OFFERS THE FOLLOWING:
- Competitive salary + bonus
- Hybrid work schedule to promote work/life balance
- Substantial growth opportunities
- Generous time-off policy
- Amazing benefits package; medical, dental, vision, and a 401k