JOB TITLE: Tax Attorney
LOCATION: White Plains, NY (hybrid work schedule)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time
Our client, an outstanding and reputable Private Legal & Accounting Firm is seeking an experienced Tax Attorney to ensure our business remains at its expert level. As an ideal candidate, you have experience handling legal matters related to taxes and taxation for businesses, organizations, or individuals.
- Candidate’s experience can range from international, federal, planning estates and trusts, state, and local tax issues.
- Strong general tax experience (partnership, corporate and transactional)
- Wealth and Estate Planning, provide individual, estate, tax, charitable and business planning and succession for our high net-worth individuals and families and closely held businesses.
- Review, draft, and negotiate commercial contracts
- Handling all phases of estate planning, including preparation, and drafting of documents, preparing deeds and beneficiary designation forms
- Advise and counsel clients on legal matters relating to taxes, from limiting tax liability to audit representation, mergers and acquisitions and prosecuting disputes with government entities who levy taxes
- Litigate tax disputes in court if necessary
- Negotiate tax settlements
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Expertise in written and verbal communication
- Knowledge of federal, state and local tax laws
- Research skills
- Analytical thinking
- Negotiation skills
- Litigation experience
- Accounting skills and expertise
- Preferred qualifications
- Excellent knowledge of tax practices
- 5+ years of experience working as a tax attorney
- Strong analytical skills