The Tax Associate – Federal will assist Tax Managers and other department personnel with all aspects of U.S. Federal, multi-state income and franchise tax return compliance, accounting for income taxes, and special projects.
- Assist with data collection and the preparation of tax returns, including fixed assets, apportionment and calculating book/tax differences.
- Prepare estimated tax calculations, account reconciliations, accrual to return adjustments, special projects and handle other duties as assigned.
- Conduct tax research and assist in planning initiatives pertaining to Federal, State and Local income and franchise taxes.
- Prepare quarterly and annual ASC 740 income tax provisions including deferred tax analysis, FIN 48 analysis, SOX compliance, related account reconciliations and financial statement disclosures as appropriate.
- Support the tax audit function through preparation of audit-ready tax workpapers and provide other assistance as required.
- Assist in maintaining appropriate internal controls over tax accounts and all aspects of the tax function.
- Identify and implement improvements to tax department processes to increase efficiencies and reduce risk.
- Responsible for working within time constraints, meeting deadlines, and providing timely updates to Supervisors on project status.
- Demonstrate initiative by seeking opportunities and undertaking efforts to improve the tax department work product and services, learn the business, and build positive and productive working relationships with colleagues in other functional areas of the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required; Advanced degree in Taxation is a plus.
- 2-3 years of related experience preferred .
- CPA preferred
- Academic and working knowledge of general US tax principals and ASC 740, including FIN48.
- Proficiency with OneSource tax software, Checkpoint, Microsoft Office, HFM.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities; Working experience with analytical /visualization applications (Alteryx, Power BI) is a plus.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and manage multiple projects in time-constrained environment.