Assist Tax Managers and other department personnel with International components of U.S. Federal compliance, accounting for income taxes, and special projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Timely and accurately prepare all International forms (5471, 5472, 8858, 8865, 1042, 1120F, etc.).
- Conduct tax research and assist in planning pertaining to US Tax on non-US operations, working with outside advisors as necessary.
- Identify and implement improvements to existing tax processes to increase efficiencies and reduce risk.
- Prepare and maintain audit-ready tax work papers and detail files for all open tax years.
- Assist with tax audits and queries relating to International components of return, including maintenance of audit control logs and compiling and preparing responses.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly and annual ASC 740 income tax provisions including Subpart F, GILTI, FDII, BEAT, and APB 23.
- Responsible for working within time constraints, meeting deadlines, and providing timely updates to tax team on project status.
- Ask appropriate questions and communicate with team members as required to complete tasks, and be available to attend meetings when scheduled as required by management.
- Interface and collaborate with others in the organization, with occasional travel as necessary, including cross-border.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Minimum 1-3 years’ related experience required
- Previous International Tax experience is desirable but not required
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting required
- CPA preferred
Special Knowledge / Skills:
- Academic knowledge of general US tax principals and ASC 740, including FIN48
- Proficiency with OneSource tax software, Checkpoint, and Microsoft Office
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and manage multiple projects in time-constrained environment
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
- Normal amount of sitting or standing, average mobility to move around an office environment, able to conduct normal amount of work at a computer, may require local travel.