The ideal candidate for our Systems Manager opportunity must be a creative big picture thinker, an independent problem solver, a cross-functional team leader, and an effective project manager. You will select projects that have the highest potential business impact and set specific achievable goals for the innovation team to execute. The key responsibilities for this position include conducting research to identify unmet customer/market needs and problems, formulating innovative solutions to needs and problems, selecting with business leaders the optimal solution, and finally leading the development of the solution. To succeed in this role, you will need to be a highly creative and practical problem solver. To create innovative solutions, you must have a wide breadth of knowledge and experience in electrical, mechanical, and software engineering, and a proven track record leading the development of innovative solutions and products.
What you will do in the position:
- Establish resource priorities, schedule tasks, track and report progress.
- Supervise and review assigned staff and appropriate subcontractors.
- Set milestones and provide clear direction and expectations for assigned staff and subcontractors.
- Report to management on status and estimates to complete of each task department resources are involved in.
- Train and mentor other staff personnel in project leadership, design, troubleshooting, and equipment operation.
- Work with the Innovation Steering Committee to evaluate and propose technical solutions to proposed Innovation Projects.
- Visit customer corporate locations and sites to observe existing workflows and identify areas where opportunities exist to provide value.
- Meet project performance, cost, and schedule targets and work with stakeholders to reset targets if required.
- Participate in trade shows with sales and product management as necessary to gain knowledge about customer pain points.
- Identify new trends and business opportunities within the HSC QSR market and turn into PoCs and projects.
- Define processes as needed to complete innovation projects within desired timeframe.
- Refine high-level product goals/specifications for selected projects and translate these into engineering team goals.
- Estimate cost and schedule for new projects and identify project risks utilizing risk mitigation plans.
- Perform make/buy analysis for work packages as required to achieve project completion goals.
- Track the success of the new products/PoCs.
What you will need to succeed in this position:
- Senior level system engineering expertise with a strong working knowledge of multiple engineering disciplines, including electrical, mechanical, and software
- Ability to lead complex projects to completion with minimum guidance
- Experience functionally managing a team
- 10+ years developing hardware/software products
- 5+ years leading projects
- Bachelor’s Degree, Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Travel up to 15%