Position Title: Systems Engineer
Reports To: Engineering Lead
Key Cultural Competencies:
- Clearly grasps the overall vision and goals of a program
- Organized, attentive to details, strong planner
- Produces desired results on time and on budget, results oriented
- Team player, team oriented
- Innovative, flexible, embraces change
- Values free enterprise, patriotic
- High work ethic, dedicated, loyal
- Lifelong learner, always seeks to grow professionally and personally
- Responsible and accountable
- Passionate leader, inspires and challenges others
- Awareness and sensitivity to potential business opportunities
- Highly ethical, honest, operates from the highest levels of integrity
- Professional in demeanor and appearance, graceful under pressure
- Passionate for his/her work, self motivated
- Good verbal, written and visual communicator
- Positive, friendly and energetic, skilled at building relationships, deals effectively with people at all levels
- US Citizen
- At least 10 years’ experience in a highly technical research and development, engineering and/or manufacturing environments or equivalent.
- At least 5 years’ experience managing technical projects; including but not limited to schedules, budgets and other resources.
- Demonstrated skill at galvanizing a multi-disciplinary team in working towards a common goal.
- Experience and competent in working with Microsoft Excel and Project.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field or equivalent.
- Experience working closely with multiple disciplines such as electronics, mechanical, software and management.
- Interfaces with customers and Program Managers to establish program requirements, budgets and deliverables.
- With Program Manager, generates product specifications that meet or exceed customer requirements.
- Ensures smooth and effective integration of internal subsystems and with customer systems.
- With Program Manager, manages programs for “on budget” and “on time” deliver.
- Ensures quality standards are met 100% of the time.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Plans, coordinates and monitors the technical performance of Company programs.
- Assists in the development of specifications from customer requirements.
- Orchestrates project designs, prototype builds and testing, third party environmental testing, final acceptance validation, and project documentation.
- Ensures adherence to program goals.
- Eliminates internal and external ambiguities in the design and development process.
- Identifies program problems and solves them.
- Takes ownership of the engineering processes and is the principal quality liaison.
- Other activities as identified and assigned.