SW/System Test Engineer (HIL)
SW/System test Engineer (HIL) is required to play a vital role in coordinating the process for analyzing software programs, creating and implementing testing methods, recording the test results, and providing recommendations to improve software programs based on the results, for one of our best client in Novi, MI. This client is a global company, highly ranked as a top employer in their field. They’re on the verge of tremendous growth for their electronic steering systems group, making this an ideal time to join. This role requires to develop, maintain, execute, track, and report on validation testing for SW/System Integration testing and assuring Steering technologies meet internal and customer requirements.. If your experience matches with these criteria, then you could be a perfect match for this position.
Responsibilities of SW/System Test Engineer (HIL):
- Work closely with SW/System engineers to develop requirements based test cases and assure quality test cases
- Proactively working with Software Function Owners during the entire test and development process
- Work with software and system project leaders to establish testing milestones and deadlines
- Review of system/software requirements to assure testability and thoroughness
- Analyze test failures to identify incorrect test cases vs. software defects
- Communicate testing status and impediments with software/system project leaders
- Create test reports and communicate results to the product development team
- Generate defect reports for software defects and assign to responsible software function owner
- Maintain Testing Hardware and associated testing equipment for HIL testing, etc.
- Ensure traceability of test cases and test results to customer requirements
- Communicate with other test teams globally to share knowledge and lessons learned
- Proactively push to improve and streamline all areas of the testing process
- Development of automated test scripts to ensure efficient and timely test execution.
Qualifications of SW/System Test Engineer (HIL):
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering / Software Engineering / Computer Science or equivalent
- 2+ years’ relevant experience regarding the Responsibilities (listed above) for automotive SW development projects is preferred o Experience in Electric Power Steering or ADAS is preferred.
Technical Competencies of SW/System Test Engineer (HIL):
- Experience in HIL Testing using dSPACE Simulators and Software (ControlDesk, AutomationDesk, etc.)
- Experience with writing and troubleshooting code in Python Programming Language
- Experience with Configuration, Requirements, or Test Management toolchains (PTC Integrity, Clearcase, Clearquest, DOORS, etc.)
- Knowledge of Vehicle communication protocols (CAN, CAN FD, FlexRay, LIN, Ethernet, …) and Diagnostic protocols (UDS)
- Experience with Vector toolchain for CAN simulation and data acquisition (CANalyzer, CANoe, CANape, etc.)
- Experience with Embedded C programming and/or MATLAB, Simulink.
- (Automotive) System/SW test experience / test management is desired.
- Experience with AUTOSAR software development is preferred
- Experience with safety critical systems or ISO26262 is preferred
- Experience with automotive cyber security methodologies is preferred
Compensation of SW/System Test Engineer (HIL):
Salary Range: $95,000-120,000/year
Location: Novi, MI
Travel: As and when required (domestic and international)
Relocation Assistance: Subject to review
Visa Sponsorship: Subject to review