Surgical Tech Coordinator
Mission Viejo, CA
95-125K + Full Benefits and Paid Relocation
Assists the Charge Nurse in managing the effective service operations for all surgical patients. The Surgical Tech Coordinator is a technical expert resource for surgeons and staff who allocates, manages and integrates approved surgical resources to promote efficient, effective, and safe care of patients. The Surgical Tech Coordinator provides leadership in knowledge synthesis, critical thinking, and problem solving, managing conflict, and addressing ethical issues. The Surgical Tech Coordinator provides equipment and supply planning for all procedures collaborating proactively with the surgeons, staff, and other unit leadership. The Surgical Tech Coordinator is responsible for ensuring equipment readiness, instrument planning for each procedure, preference card maintenance, custom pack maintenance and review, and regularly evaluates inventory for unused items in collaboration with Material Management personnel, the Charge Nurse and Unit Manager. The Surgical Tech Coordinator functions as a clinical expert for surgical procedures and collaborates with the Unit Manager to coordinate an ongoing in-service education program to continually update knowledge and skills of all assigned operating room personnel.
- Coursework/Training – Certificate of completion of formalized surgical technologist training program.
- Preceptor course, or obtained within 6 months of hire.
- Upon hire: National Certified Surgical Technologist – National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (Vendor Managed)
- Upon hire: National Provider BLS – American Heart Association
- 3 years Experience in Surgical Technician role.
- Associate’s Degree
- Active membership in specialty organization upon hire
- Experience in preceptor and educator role.
- Leadership experience.
- Graduate of an accredited surgical technologist program with Surgical Technician certification.
- With 3 or more years Acute setting OR work experience as a Certified Surgical Technician
- With recent OR knowledge relating to preparing OR rooms and knowledge of equipment /instruments
- With National Certified Surgical Technologist – National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting and National Provider BLS – American Heartnder direct supervision, prepares for operations of all specialists for neonate, pediatric, adult, and geriatric patients, and arranges sterile set-up of instrument table according to AORN and AST recommended practices and hospital policy and procedures, and universal precautions. Assists surgeons by passing instruments and supplies, holding retractors and anticipating surgeons’ needs during course of surgery. Assists in cleaning and stocking the operating room and stores equipment and supplies according to equipment and supply directories. Is proficient in required competencies.
- Coursework/Training – Certificate or proof of completion of formalized surgical technologist training program, including military training course.
- 1 year Hospital experience as a Surgical Tech.
- National Certified Surgical Technologist – National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting upon hire
- National Provider BLS – American Heart Association upon hire
- Associate’s Degree
- 1 year OR experience in trauma facility.
- Experience in Orthopedics and Neurosurgery.