Translate the company’s strategic plans into defined operational plans and manages the resources needed to deliver them.
Defines performance management KPI’s to monitor operational success against objectives.
Secure investment in and oversee implementation of appropriate, efficient and effective business processes and systems.
Sponsors our supplier strategy and management processes to ensure compliance whilst maximizing product availability at optimal cost.
Relationship management with key suppliers in the region.
Operationally integrate any new acquisitions into preferred ways-of-working with appropriate documentation and process.
Provide integrated sourcing leadership regionally ensuring the development and execution of sourcing network strategies, sourcing operations and supplier performance management.
Ensure that all regional CMO/Supplier services are procured in an efficient, professional, ethical, and cost-effective manner.
Manage the dual reporting – key member of the NA leadership team but also a member of the SAO function ensuring consistent approach to systems, compliance and leveraging SAO support as needed
Collaborate with the Global SAOLT to deliver significant benefits to the organization based on a holistic view of external supply base, coupled with a clear understanding of regional and global business requirements.
Ensures high levels of customer service through effective planning and management, anticipating and mitigating risks to supply in collaboration with scientific affairs.
Establishes a culture of teamwork, fostering close collaboration with other functions in SAO and wider Alliance business.
Mentors, coaches and develops regional Operations team, ensuring training and development plans are in place for all Operations personnel.
Sponsor key strategic change projects as needed e.g. S&OP, ERP etc.
Reports progress to SLT and The Board, openly and transparently communicating key risks and mitigation plans.
- Science, Engineering or Business graduate or equivalent
- Minimum of 10 years’ broad supply chain and procurement management experience gained within the US.
- Strategic thinker with a proven track record developing, managing and optimizing external supply networks.
- Experience leading change in a complex and fast moving pharmaceutical or consumer healthcare product environment.
- People oriented with a proven ability coaching and developing geographically dispersed teams, promoting a high-performance culture.
- Demonstrable track record developing and implementing system and process improvements.
- Natural collaborator able to build and sustain effective relationships across geographical, cultural and functional boundaries.
- Willingness to travel internationally (up to 30%)