Our client recognized by The Tennessean as one of the top Nashville Workplaces, our client is the leading producer of energy-efficient boilers, water heaters, pool heaters and commercial package systems. They focus solely on serving their customers and have a solution for all water heating needs and because of this, they have experienced double digit company growth 34 of the past 36 years.
The Supply Chain and Operations Planning Manager is responsible for leading the inventory and operations planning process (including parts procurement) to deliver exceptional service to our customers, favorable business performance, leverage the enterprise resource planning system, and resolve supply chain issues.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Lead the inventory and operations planning and execution processes (including parts procurement) for the client’s $400M business unit.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the inventory control, procurement, and production scheduling leadership.
- Work with the business technology services team to ensure that the team has the appropriate tools and information to perform their jobs efficiently.
SPECIFIC DUTIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES (List in order of importance)
- Lead a team that develops, executes, and monitors planning strategies implemented within the enterprise resource planning system to meet service level and inventory objectives. This would include supply planning, production scheduling, and finished goods planning.
- Provide input to the monthly sales demand planning meetings and lead the monthly supply planning meetings within the sales, inventory, and operations planning process (SIOP).
- Provide supply recommendations to the Lochinvar executive leadership team in the monthly SIOP executive review meeting.
- Responsible for all Raw, WIP, and Finished Goods inventory to support overall business objectives.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with business partners and a thorough functional knowledge of the supply chain, performance measures and information flows.
- Lead the team in delivering improved business results in order fill rate performance, inventory turns, slow moving and obsolete inventory and other metrics through process improvement work. Provide early identification of problems, advise senior leadership of risks and recommend options and/or corrective action.
- Monitor team performance, provide feedback and development opportunities.
- Collaborate with finance to ensure that relevant inputs are provided for a successful financial reconciliation meeting within the SIOP process.
- Utilize lean tools to develop and continuously improve standardized planning processes and collaborate with all functional areas to drive efficiencies across the business.
- Work closely with Sales, Marketing, Finance, and Operations to implement seamless material transitions or new product introductions with minimal obsolescence.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university required
- 10+ years of related experience in Materials, Supply, Inventory Control, and Scheduling
- 3+ years of experience in a leadership role utilizing the SIOP process preferred
- APICS certification preferred.
- Experience working with lean concepts and tools.
- Must be able to travel up to 10% of the time
- Proficient with ERP systems (SAP strongly preferred)
- Excellent analytical, verbal, and written communications skills
- Strong organizational skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work/operate independently with minimal oversight, but with focused objectives and discipline to obtain results.
- Proven project management skills.
They OfferRelocation, competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits plans which include medical and dental insurance, company-sponsored life insurance, retirement security savings plan, short- and long-term disability programs and tuition assistance.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a leader in its industry. This is a full-time opportunity. Please submit most recent resume for quick and confidential consideration.