Major, established, growing and brand name company with a good working culture has a growth opportunity for a Supervisor / Sr. Manufacturing Engineer – Machining due to promotion at their manufacturing site commutable to the east of the Indianapolis, IN metropolitan area. They are an innovative leader in what they manufacture with benefits that begin the first day of employment. Relocation assistance is available. Will supervise 5 people in this role of which 2 are manufacturing engineers and 3 are process technicians.
- Lead and manage plant or company’s technological drive of a large or significant process. Develop and mentor other Manufacturing Engineers and Process Technicians while providing technical direction and leadership. Lead improvements to plant or organizational operations through manufacturing engineering analysis of existing operations compared to future requirements based on capacity, cost reduction, safety and/or risk avoidance opportunities. Preparations of project justification including recommendations, make-vs-buy analysis, layout, cost impact and schedule activities as required. Implementation of processes including equipment procurement, coordination of installation, process capability prove-out, training, process documentation, work standard measurement and production start-up. Demonstrate cross-functional project management skills. Input to and development of strategic and capital plans. Provide ongoing support of processes resulting from process improvement, part changes, changing capacities, etc.
- Lead or contribute to the product introduction process. Activities will vary depending on project size, structure, and phase but may include: cost estimation, suggestion and evaluation for design for manufacturability, process investigation, schedule development, make-vs-buy analysis, prototype manufacture, etc.
- Review production problems as they are identified and implement solutions. Develop, implement and update documentation and training. Contribute to initiatives by other plant functions such as quality, safety, environment, production control, etc., to improve operations.
- Provide technical direction and leadership to other Manufacturing Engineers and Process Technician. Develop/mentor other Engineers and Technicians (Mfg. Engineers and Technicians may or may not work directly for Senior ME).
- Associate’s degree plus 5+ years related experience required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Certain technical skills and training such as CNC programming, CAD layout, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T), process capability theory and statistical process control (SPC) required.
- Experience with bar and chuck lathes, broach, mills, automation, new product launch, and capital equipment purchasing preferred.
- Must demonstrate excellent communication skills and be able to lead the discussion, meeting, project, etc., and communicate across all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to lead cross-functional teams, manage medium to large projects, and contribute to the development and implementation of strategic initiatives.
- Requires excellent organizational and interpersonal skills and the ability to support and mentor Process Technicians, Supervisors and others
- SAP experience is a plus
- 8D and 5Y experience is a plus
- Automation experience is preferred
- Will consider various industries such as aerospace and medical device with automotive being a plus
Company will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Compensation and Benefits:
Company offers an excellent wage and benefits package for full-time employees including Health/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Plan, Flexible Benefits Plan, 401K Retirement Savings Plan, Life and Disability Benefits, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement, and much more.