Located near Portsmouth, NH, our client is a 250-year-old, brand-name, leading provider and manufacturer in their industry. Their name is synonymous with industry-leading quality and innovation which has made it the brand of choice! Company has 3,000+ employees across 12 locations.
Offered is a competitive salary including bonus, 401k match, excellent benefits, an employee discount, and opportunities for growth. This is an in-office position.
The Supervisor, Credit & Collections is responsible for overseeing the collections of past due accounts and the assessment of credit risk.
- Supervisor a team of 2 credit analysts.
- Monitors accounts receivable aging reports for key accounts and is responsible for timely collections of assigned accounts, reducing past due, bad debt exposures, and other quantitative targets.
- Performs day-to-day activities in a fast-paced i.e., review of daily order hold report, account reconciliations, and related collection activities.
- Interfaces and establishes strong working relationships with our customers, sales, operations, and other departments to resolve billing, credit, and collection issues, i.e.,
- Initiates credit memos for shortages, pricing, discounts, freight, and policy matters.
- Reviews Credit Applications to establish credit limits, including risk analysis, i.e.
- Reviews customer financial statements, bank, and trade references and DNB & Creditntell reports.
- Prepares proposals for third-party agency placement and/or write-off to bad debt.
- In coordination with the credit and collections manager, reviews progress and resolutions of issues on a regular basis while ensuring that policies and procedures affecting the credit and collections process are followed.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Bachelor’s degree in business.
- 7-10+ years of relevant supervisory experience required.
- Experience working for a product company highly desired.
- A professional candidate with strong collections background, a customer service/retention mindset and strong negotiation skills. B2B experience is a PLUS!
- Familiarity and/or working knowledge of US Government sites for invoice and payment acknowledgments.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making and analytical skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook, Excel (VLOOKUP and Pivot tables), and Oracle.
- Function well independently and in a team-oriented environment.
- Detailed oriented, ability to multi-task.
- Local to the Portsmouth, NH area.
- Must be a US Citizen
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.