Unlike some general contractors, their unique leadership has the expertise and the hands-on experience that have trained us to be better builders. Not to mention, they’ve built loyal subcontractor relationships from coast to coast – but work in the Mid-tenn area.
That means they pass along fair prices and unparalleled service to you. Their team anticipates problems before they become hassles, delivers upfront communication, and exceeds expectations.
The Commercial Construction Superintendent will be responsible for coordinating all site construction activities and supervising all field personnel as required to successfully complete the project on schedule and within budget.
This involves overseeing the successful completion of a project from beginning to end while maintaining the highest standards in quality by supervising all trade and field personnel and administering good construction safety practices. Some Hands on work involved (regarding the general prep the job with wall protection, install door/door-frame/hardware, very light-demo, schedule subs & inspect safety/quality/etc).
* Support the Project Manager by directing the workflow of ongoing projects that is consistent with the project schedule and budget
* Communicate project priorities to subcontractors
* Identify and problem solve to maintain the project schedule
* Ensure quality workmanship to conform to plans and specifications
* Create and manage job schedules
* Supervise final punch out
* Capable of reading and interpreting building plans
* Build and maintain positive relationships with customers, contractors, and suppliers
* Promote and implement job site safety
* Position may require travel within region as needed.
* Project size varies from TI ($5k-500k) and Ground-up ($500-3.5M)
* Project types include: -retail build-out, -ground up commercial/shopping, -ground-up commercial/medical, -Medical Build-out and other consumer related project types.
* 5+ years of experience with on-site supervision of commercial construction
* Ground-up commercial experience is great – but not required for this position.
* Tenant Improvement and Interiors Experience is a MUST.
* College degree preferred but not required.
* Reliable transportation preferred but not required (Truck provided)
* Retail / Restaurant construction experience preferred but not required.
* Strong organizational skills
* Strong written and oral communication skills and employs effective listening skills
* Professional and mature demeanor with well-developed interpersonal skills including the ability to work well with diverse personalities; works well in a team environment
* Excellent attention to detail with emphasis placed on quality
* Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
* Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word