The Structural Packaging Designer will develop innovative, cost effective, and structurally sound merchandising
and retail solutions. You will also gather project data from sales and project managers, create dies in
the Computer Assisted Design (CAD) program, solicit, and incorporate customer feedback, and create
prototypes for customer approval.
How you will impact:
• Intake customer project requests from customers and internal account representatives, confirm all critical
information, and evaluate requests to ensure profitable fit and operational efficiency for the company and
• Identify the necessary materials and manufacturing processes for the project and provide alternatives as
• Convey concepts with quick sketches, photos, and CAD visualization
• Produce samples and mock-ups using various structural design techniques and skills including drafting
(2D/3D) and knife tools and cutting tables
• Provide ongoing project support and answer all the customer’s questions related to the project’s
structural design, set up, structural integrity, etc.
• Present project overview for production assembly teams and managers to provide insight into the
components of the project from the designer’s perspective
• Collaborate with customers, sales managers, project managers, graphic designers, design managers,
and engineers to determine the best structural design and development approach
• Develop presentation material and assist with the presentation of abstract ideas for formal presentations
in a variety of settings (one-on-one, small, and large groups to include peers, supervisors and clients) in
partnership with creative counterparts
• Create promotional materials and develop Bill of Material, Specifications, Palletization as necessary
• Work collaboratively with Design Manager, sales personnel and other designers and offices to develop
• Interact with Account Executives and others, including customers, to ascertain design needs and
• Provide coaching and training to designer peers to build capability.
• Onboard and train new design team members to ensure peers are effectively using company
systems/tools, and supporting customer needs.
What you need to succeed:
• Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design, Packaging Design, or other programs with emphasis on
• 3+ years of experience in packaging and design, industrial design, engineering, or point of
purchase display – Required
• Familiarity with retailer specifications, print production, and manufacturing process.
• Expertise with equipment and tools within a fabrication shop including digital printers, CAD table,
laminators, and mounting substrates.
• Proven track record of critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Creative thinking and ability to convey abstract ideas/concepts verbally or with quick sketches.
• Demonstrated experience with Design software including enterprise Computer Assisted Design (i.e.,
ESKO), and 3D software (i.e., Mac, Adobe, Microsoft office).
• Demonstrated ability to drive projects in a fast-paced deadline driven environment.
What we offer:
• Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence.
• Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities.
• An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies, and potential.
• Benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k with match and more!
• A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers
and foundational elements of the daily work.