We are searching for a Structural Engineer who enjoys doing design work but wants to move to the people side of the business and do Technical Sales Support of Fiberglass Reinforced Polymer for Strengthening Concrete Structures in Seattle.
This is a Remote Role, but does require 40% Travel.
Travel will be in Oregon, Washington & Alaska.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.) in Washington is required.
- B.S. degree in Civil/Structural Engineering preferred.
- 4 years structural design experience designing commercial structures; reinforced concrete, light-gauge steel, structural steel.
- Construction: Practical working knowledge of wood, concrete and steel construction methods.
- Product knowledge: General knowledge of Exterior Bonded Fiber Reinforced Polymer Concrete Strengthening Systems is a PLUS but not required.
- Design experience with fasteners, connectors, and lateral systems a plus.
- 2 years computer experience (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, ACAD, various design software).
- Knowledge: Practical working knowledge of wood, concrete and steel construction methods.
- Customer focus: Quickly and effectively solve customer problems and maintain productive internal and external customer relationships. Readily readjust priorities to respond to pressing and changing customer needs. Recognize potentially adverse customer reactions and develop better alternatives.
- Self-management: Set priorities, goals and timelines to achieve maximum productivity. Manage multiple projects and competing priorities. Display a high level of initiative, effort, and commitment towards completing assignments in a timely manner.
- Communication: Excellent communication skills; written and verbal, proof reading, professional phone demeanor. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Enthusiastic attitude and ability to work well with others.
- Demonstrate a genuine commitment to reach mutually beneficial solutions.
- Driving record: Possess and maintain a driving record which complies with company policy.
This job requires 40% domestic travel with occasional overnight stays.
More Specifically: The non-local market (average) travel expectation for this role is defined as follows: Travel to a non-local market every other week, where travel is defined as 2 night hotel stay per week (aka. 3 days making calls to customers). Travel Tuesday morning, return Thursday end of day. On non-travel weeks the role will focus on their local/home major metro area making calls to customers. As the individual grows into their role and establishes their customer base, one of the local weeks might turn into more of an “office week” (aka. fewer customer calls to catch up on duties that require more computer time).
Relocation may be considered for this position.