We are Recruiting on Purpose, Our Dallas & Ft Worth Office is hiring a Structural Repair & Design Engineer.
Structural Repair & Design Engineer will conduct field engineering inspections of damaged structures to determine best restoration and repair solutions and will design restoration plans and solutions which may include emergency shoring, demolition sequencing, temporary repairs, and long-term repairs. Other duties include the participation in and/or management of various repair projects including progress inspections and project progress reports, handling of RFIs, and daily communication with internal and external stakeholders.
- A Bachelor’s degree (BS) in civil/structural engineering granted by a four-year college or university is required; a master’s degree in structural engineering is preferred.
- 15+ years of experience designing or supervising design and/or design-build repair projects is required.
- Active P.E. or S.E. licensure in TX is required, or the ability to obtain licensure by reciprocity.
- Experience working on a variety of mid-to-large loss residential, commercial, industrial, and institutional restoration projects.
- Must be available for heavy travel, including some extended travel.
- Technical proficiency with the use of design software such as AutoCAD, Revit, Tekla, RISA, StaadPro, etc.
- Expertise with concrete, steel, and wood design.
- Experience with light-gauge framing.
- Familiar with local building codes.
- Understands county, municipal, and state permitting guidelines and processes.
- Experience with concrete restoration and/or 40-year recertifications.
- Experience with conducting special and/or threshold inspections.
- Project management experience is strongly preferred.
- Must be able to provide the utmost in customer service to clients.
- Forensic engineering experience is a plus, but not required.
- Must not have a non-compete agreement with another employer.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship or any legal restrictions.