We are searching for a Structural Engineer who enjoys doing design work but wants to move to the people side of the business in Florida.
This is a Remote Role, but does require 40% Travel.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.) in Florida required.
- B.S. degree in Civil/Structural Engineering preferred.
- 4 years structural design experience designing commercial structures; reinforced concrete, light-gauge steel, structural steel.
- Construction: Practical working knowledge of wood, concrete and steel construction methods.
- Product knowledge: General knowledge of concrete Design is a Plus.
- Design experience with fasteners, connectors, and lateral systems a plus.
- 2 years computer experience (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, ACAD, various design software).
- Knowledge: Practical working knowledge of wood, concrete and steel construction methods.
- Customer focus: Quickly and effectively solve customer problems and maintain productive internal and external customer relationships. Readily readjust priorities to respond to pressing and changing customer needs. Recognize potentially adverse customer reactions and develop better alternatives.
- Self-management: Set priorities, goals and timelines to achieve maximum productivity. Manage multiple projects and competing priorities. Display a high level of initiative, effort, and commitment towards completing assignments in a timely manner.
- Communication: Excellent communication skills; written and verbal, proof reading, professional phone demeanor. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Enthusiastic attitude and ability to work well with others.
- Demonstrate a genuine commitment to reach mutually beneficial solutions.
- Driving record: Possess and maintain a driving record which complies with company policy.
This job requires 40% domestic travel with occasional overnight stays.
Relocation may be considered for this position.