Hybrid – Remote/Orlando, FL
- Perform structural analysis of various building systems comprised of structural steel, reinforced concrete, masonry and wood for both gravity and lateral loads. Understanding of glass and aluminum design is a plus.
- Preparation of construction documents and calculation packages.
- Coordinate structural design details with architectural and MEP designs.
- Review shop drawings, RFI’s, and perform site visits during the construction phase of a project.
- Work directly with McLaren project managers to ensure client satisfaction throughout the project duration.
- Assist in marketing company services at networking and industry related events.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with a structural emphasis.
- Master’s Degree in Structural Engineering is preferred.
- 0 to 3 years’ experience in the structural analysis, design and detailing of high rise, low rise, commercial, residential institutional, governmental, and healthcare facilities.
- Engineer in Training (EIT) certification acquired by start date.
- Experience with commercially available 3D structural modeling software: RISA 3D, RAM Structural System, SAFE, SAP2000, etc.
- Experience with computer-aided design, AutoCAD and/or REVIT.
- Ability to perform neat hand calculations and calculations using Excel or Mathcad.
- Strong fundamentals in Statics and Structural Analysis is required.
- Strong communication skills are required. Must be able to write field reports, technical reports, and communicate clearly and effectively through phone and email communication with clients.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) + matching
- Paid time off
- Summer Fridays
- Employee stock ownership plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional development stipend
- Referral program
- Bonus pay