The Store Director manages the store to promote sales, achieves profit margins, labor goals and exceeds customer expectations.
Responsible for the entire personnel in the store.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Responsible for achieving budgeted financial and operating results for an assigned.
2. Maximize store sales and profitability by ensuring the execution of promotional and merchandising programs in
accordance with the Grocery Operations Department, Purchasing Department & Sales and Marketing Department
3. Responsible and accountable for the operation of the entire store, including achieving all financial merchandising,
sanitation, state and federal regulatory, training and human resource objectives
4. Develop a store management team to ensure consistent execution of Standard Practices and other policies and
5. Serve as a model for customer service and other vital behaviors and instills this value in all associates.
6. Creates an environment for continual learning and encourages an open dialogue among associates.
7. Provides leadership and motivation within the store to promote a culture reflective of El Rancho Guiding Principles,
Core Values and Vision Statement.
8. Manages the operation of assigned store. Directly responsible for supervision of Assistant Store Manager and Cocina
Manager, Cremeria Manager, Customer Service Manager, Grocery Manager, Produce Manager, Bakery Manager,
Seafood Manager and the Meat Market Manager.
9. Directly responsible for providing direction and instruction to all other associates of assigned store.
10. Reviews financial and operating results to determine where the store stands relative to budgeted sales, expenses, and
payroll; share results with associates.
11. Works with store associates to identify the root causes of issues and inefficiencies and develop plans for resolution.
12. Assess staffing needs; interview and select store management and ensure store management is able to identify and
select qualified candidates to meet their staffing needs; coordinates with the Operations Department as necessary.
13. Constantly interact with customers; remain highly visible. Monitor shrink and ensure that moneys are accounted for
14. Ensures that order and security controls are in place, consistent with standard practices. Visit competitors’ store to stay
abreast of product and price offerings.
15. Adhere to all company guidelines, policies and standard practices.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The incumbent must posses the knowledge, skills and abilities required for satisfactory performance.
Knowledge and Abilities:
• Retail Associate Training and Development
• Planning, Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving
• Cross-Organizational Collaboration
• Decision Making
• Broad Operational Knowledge
• Results Oriented
• Asset Utilization and Cost Control
• Ability to rotate and organize products, perform job duties as needed and complete necessary paperwork
• Market Knowledge
• Customer Oriented
• Team Leadership
• People Management
• Conflict Management
• Communication skills; verbal and written
• Flexibility and Leading Change
• Good work ethics; honest, trustworthy and respectful; flexible
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED equivalent required
• Minimum 3 years supermarket management experience