In this newly created role, you will be part of a new business unit and will design new progressive stamping tooling and fixtures for a leading multi-site supplier of automotive solutions.
Our client is an innovative OEM of “smart” solutions used in automotive and transportation industries. As a stamping tool designer, you will design innovative new stamping tooling and fixtures to world class standard while supporting technical teams to optimize and troubleshoot existing tooling.
If you have tooling design experience along with an interest in being part of a new strategic inhouse tooling team, I’d love to connect to discuss how this tooling design opportunity could take your career to a new level.
- A leading innovative manufacturer of automotive solutions with a growing portfolio of products and technologies
- For more than 100 years, this manufacturer has grown by serving the automotive and transportation industry OEMs
- A global footprint of more than 10 locations to serve a growing customer base
- Conceptualize, plan and design new progressive and modular stamping tooling
- Analyze product designs for manufacturability and make recommendations to improve quality, reduce delivery time or cut costs
- Specifies purchased tooling components and die sets while assuring timely and accurate delivery
- Collaborate in a team-oriented setting with design engineers, process engineers, production personnel, toolmakers, and CNC programmers to optimize tool design
- Assist in tracking tooling progress for budget and timing
- Help develop tooling standards in a team-based environment
- Associate of Science degree or equivalent training from a technical school
- 5 years experience of progressive stamping tool design and layout
- Proficiency using 3D CAD software such as Solidworks
- Familiarity with CAM software is desired
Competitive Compensation & Benefits
- Flexible work hours
- 11 paid holidays
- Full-service on-site cafeteria and fitness center (coming soon)
- Newly renovated engineering offices
- 401K plan with 100% match up to 5%
- Education and tuition assistance
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without restrictions.
Be assured that resumes will be kept strictly confidential until we speak about a specific opportunity and agree to send it to a client of ours. If your experience matches our client’s requirements, we will contact you immediately.