General Summary of Position:
The Staff Tax Accountant is responsible for gaining analytical and technical experience and building proficiency in audit, accounting and tax procedures and using those skills to provide quality client service.
The Staff Tax Accountant will be responsible for using tools, systems and processes to provide accurate reports within timeframes provided. Specifically, the Staff Tax Accountant can expect to assist with preparing financial statements and tax returns. In addition, the Staff Tax Accountant is expected to use good communication skills and work effectively as a member of a team in delivering a quality end product to clients.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Prepare accurate financial statements and tax returns with special attention to the accuracy of all information.
- Review all written work product for accuracy and potential errors and identify areas of concern to superiors.
- Perform necessary tax research and participate in technical discussions.
- Maintain and develop relationships with clients including recognizing additional client service opportunities.
- Obtain client chargeable hours’ goal of 1,750 annually.
- Support and participate in firm initiatives, build positive client relationships, gain knowledge and skills in area of client industries served.
- Keeps up to date with current issues and legislative changes.
- Actively seek to gain knowledge and experience in audit, accounting, and tax procedures and gain knowledge of industry-specific services.
- Seek opportunities to participate in the proposal development process to obtain additional work for the firm.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum of one year of experience in public accounting.
- It is expected that a Staff Accountant intends to sit for and pass the CPA examination.